Time to go, "This is goodbye"
She said "Does it ever get easier to live like this"
And kiss the cheek
For I can't kiss you anymore
And I, I would honestly love you now
But I would lovingly let you down
Oh I have the hardest time resisting you
And oh if you
If you feel the same way then how can we be friends
He's right you know
We can't go on like this
And oh I try to give you everything
And if I fail well then I failed
But at least I gave you something
I could put my trust in giving up the heart
It makes the difference
And how can you afford to settle down
When I, I would promise to love you now
But I would lovingly let you down
Oh I have the hardest time resisting you
And oh if you
If you feel the same way then how can we be friends
He's right you know, we can't go on like this
And oh I try to give you everything
And if I fail well then I failed
But at least I gave you something
(It's better than silence)
(Give me one good reason)
It's better than silence (you know)
Give me one good reason (you know)
To leave this in silence (you know)
No, you don't have a good reason (you know)
If you feel the same way then how can we be friends
He's right you know, we can't go on like this
And oh I try to give you everything
And if I fail well then I failed
But at least I gave you something
It's better than silence
It's better than silence
[ Lyrics by Cartel ]
Enough emo stuff, (pfft feelings) on to more important things:
Current Addictions:
- Power Girl (an awesome DC super heroine with a great set... of personality traits and powers)
- Cartel, Breaking Benjamin, New Found Glory, The Academy Is... Anything that rocks as hard as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snr8unKGybw&feature=related
- Legends of Zelda: Link to the Pas- Uh, I mean 3D Dot Game Heroes on the PS3
(Currently trying to finish up some PS3 games, not just because my 360 sucks like a vacuum, but because I've decided that I'm unsatisfied with my current PS3 collection and it needs to be sorted for Trade in possibilities) Current Trade In List includes: Brink, Killzone 2, (soon to be 3D Dot Game Heroes), Prototype, Singularity, Tony Hawk RIDE.
Reasons why:
Brink - It was brilliantly advertised and presented in such an irresistible way (Mirror's Edge parkour/free running + First Person Shooter + Class Based + Squad Tactics + Leveling up/Lots of Customizing and Unlockables) The only problem was the execution. The AI is dumber than a box of hair (Gamers can compare it to Left 4 Dead 1 and/or Dead Rising Survivor AI) and their capacity to ACTUALLY help you Complete/Defend main objectives is lower than low. The Parkour/Free running feels choppy and seems like the equivalent of sprinkling glitter on a crappy 1st grade art project; it only makes the game appear slightly better than it is.
Killzone 2 - I really tried to get into it, but as I progressed through this popular game (Shooter of the Year 2009 and winner of many more awards) I found it to be clunky, inconsistent and awkward. The story seemed interesting enough; fighting against a 'Nazi' Regime.... Its been done before in video games, but I like the Helghast (baddies) armor/gasmasks/outfits. I cant help but compare both of these shooters to Halo and the Call of Duty Series (Specifically Halo Reach and Modern Warfare 2/World At War). These games fail to play in the smooth manner that Halo and CoD manage to achieve.
3D Dot Game Heroes - Its a single player, rebooted, repackaged, clever re-imagining of Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (LoZ:LttP for you hip gamers). Replay value is low in my opinion; I feel no need to collect all 30-ish weapons and all the Heart Containers/Magic Bottles.
Prototype - Difficulty during Combat is insane; not challenging, just frustrating. It starts getting super hard halfway through and it persists. I haven't finished the game, and I don't intend to. Gliding/Air Dashing/Running up the Empire State Building in about 2.5 seconds never gets old though.
Singularity - I played through both story lines (2 different endings) and I dont really feel like I accomplished much. I also dont feel inspired or drawn to the multiplayer. Meh
Tony Hawk RIDE - It was fun for a while, but I feel like playing less as time goes on. Its actually a really good balance workout though :P
So, with one Final to go I feel like this semester has been successful enough. I know there were times when i should have tried harder, yet didnt, for whatever reason. But I think I will come out with fairly decent grades in my last real semester.
Im taking a summer class and it just may be the death of me and my beloved free time. But after that, I have 2 important classes (+ a bunch of PE classes to fill up the schedule) next semester, then I'm out of here. Then i begin my life doing god knows what....
Til next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment